Friday, August 24, 2007

...Things Since the "MEETING"

by Sassy

Dear Lord have I been busy since that damn meeting we had. I didn't realize it, but we were in the actual meeting for well over an hour almost pushing two I think. I don't know. I didn't pay attention to the time. Once back at my desk, it was piled high full of work and I was stressing getting it done before leaving for the day. Well, Miss Thing was rather upset about the meeting. The rest of the day was spent with her holding back tears and pouting, which really made me feel like a big piece of horse shit. This week we started a new thing where we were going to do entire weeks of either being the early person or the late person and this is my early week. Right as I am getting ready to walk out of the night on Wednesday, I was informed by my boss that I would be by myself for a majority of the day. Come to find out, Miss Thing had an appointment set up for Thursday afternoon and was planning on taking half the day off. I didn't really care except that it was just Wednesday that she was complaining about being in the office by herself for a half an hour and I would be by myself for half the day. Our boss was taking the whole day off, our student was taking the entire day off and that left me being the only person. So it was now up to me to either switch to being the late person or being a bitch and making her change/cancel her appointment or make her come back to work after it. Rather than being mean, I did the nice thing and went ahead and switched to the late day. This just means I get t redeem it when it works for me on her early week. This could come in handy some time.

Yesterday was just crazy all around. This is one of the busiest times of year at my work and there are always people coming in and needing something and the phones are constantly ringing off the hook. I didn't even have time to take a bathroom break all morning and that was with Miss Thing here with me. I wasn't really worried about being by myself in the afternoon, but thought it was funny after the incident the day before. When she was getting ready to leave she was certain to say how bad she felt for leaving me and that she would come back if I wanted her to and so on. I tell her to go and not to worry, I would be just fine. And I was. I rocked the shit out of my office. Nothing ever got behind. There was never a time I felt like I was going crazy. I was able to do all of our students work since she was gone, my work, and the work that Miss Thing and I share with no problem at all. Miss Thing did show up to "check" on me and talked for a few minutes and then took off.

Since the meeting it seems like she is trying to make an effort, but I have to wonder if it is more for show than actually being true. I really feel like she just wants to be liked by our student and it just fries her they don't have that relationship. I don't think she is happy with her job either or more her job duties, and that is why it is so easy for her to pass things off to me. I guess I just see her doing things that don't make sense. Like letting shit pile up before doing them and then it takes her forever to go through them and get them done rather than just doing them as they come in. I mean, she still has work that she was given at 8:00am! If I were the guys waiting for the work, I would be pissed. I just have never been one to let something sit on my desk knowing that it needs to get done and passed on to someone else.

She opened up to me about more of her personal life and what is going on and how she is feeling. I knew she was going through a lot but I didn't realize how she was feeling on the whole thing. And I guess after the meeting that we had, all she wanted to do (from what she says) is have it all go away. She was talking all crazy like about how she wanted to go home and just take every pill that she had in her house and end it all. I was so shocked to hear that. I have known someone that took their life and I have always seen it as an easy way out. I understand that things can be overwhelming at times, but working through them makes you a stronger person. We talked for a good long while about her situation and I just don't understand. She says how she is strapped for money and behind in her payments, yet she is always eating out, stopping at Walmart for new stuff, buying new movies, etc. Not to mention, she just let her boyfriend move in and she is supporting his ass! This guy doesn't even help her pay the bills. Yet, he can pay to have his windows tinted on his truck and hers. And also spending money up the ass on new jewelry. Um hello!!!! If you are behind with a house payment, I think you would put money toward that before worrying about your fucking windows. Just stupid shit like that that would help out...even just a little.

After I talk, I just sat here and felt bad for a minute. I felt bad for getting so pissed off at her at work and about doing her job (or lack there of). But then I realized, with all that is going on, you would think that she would come here and bust her ass, do her work, and feel a sense of accomplishment. Something more uplifting than what she deals with on a daily basis. Anything to help out. I guess I just see things so different and need to resign to the fact that we are very different people and try not to let her antics bother me.

Although, now that I am ready to post this, something just happened to annoy me. She has been gone since before noon to go get a new contact and used this as her lunch. She got back and was eating at her desk when the phone starts ringing and someone walks into the office. At this point, a lady that brings her homemade jewelry comes in and she gets up and leaves the office with her and leaves me to tend to the phone and the customer at the counter. It is that kind of shit that pisses me off. So now, her lunch has lasted well over an hour!

1 comment:

Gossip Girl 007 said...

I get the feeling she's playing the sympathy card. Does it ever feel her "woe is me" attitude is fake? Maybe a quick fix is not to listen to her personal stuff. Excuse yourself tell her you have work to do. Do this consecutively and maybe she will get the hint and just concentrate on work.

THEME SONG BITCHEZ