Wednesday, August 22, 2007

...MY Space!

Posted by: FingRockStar

Okay, so does my office/file room look like a fucking conference room to you?
NO!
Okay...so WHY do you hold your fing meetings here!!??
Ya know, we (some other "admin" staff & I) have been "talked" to regarding this very issue.
First let me tell you that I work in a very "public" area. Meaning everybody passes by me one way or the other while traveling thru the office. I guess you would say I'm right in the middle of EVERYTHING that goes on here. With that being said:
There are people who can't "concentrate" when there's other people talking, laughing, etc. Which I understand...really I do, it's frustrating, and distracting.
BUT...when it comes to MY area, at MY desk, it's like the rules don't exist!! I don't fucking understand it! What makes you think it's okay to flash me a dirty look when I have laughed out loud, yet when you come to my area, pass somebody next to my desk, you HAVE to stop and talk to them right there!!?? WHY? We have like 4 different conference rooms for this people! Not only that, but there are "corporate rules" that state, meeting are not to be held outside of a conference room!!
Okay Example: I'm gleefully typing away, and here comes Mr. Joker, who figits ALL THE TIME stops to tell me some stupid lame-ass joke, all the while tapping-tapping-tapping his cordless phone on my desk. Mind you I have NOT said anything to make him stop to talk to me. Then Mr. Opinion see's Mr. Joker stopped talking to me at my desk stops as well, and starts discussing this that or the other fing thing with him! OKAY....*sigh* *takes deep breath* Quietly "try's" to continue typing.
While all of this is going on, another girl we'll call her Ms. Moody stops because she see's Mr. Opinon talking to Mr. Joker and has a question/comment as well. So that's THREE people now!
Oh but it gets better! Mr. Joker, Mr. Opinion, & Ms. Moody are all talking behind me, as again I'm TRYING to work....then....Mr. Big Boss Man comes in...now what do I do? Can't yell at him to get the fuck out. So here I sit, fuming, smoldering, typing, quietly.
FINALLY....Mr. Joker leaves, and with him followes Mr. Opinion like a puppy.
(This guy is always looking for a hand-out)
Ms. Moody is talking to Mr. Big Boss Man (not about work stuff) and then one of Boss Man's "Field Guys" walks in, and here we go AGAIN! There's a problem with such-in-such, yadda yadda, whawhawha. So I wait, and finally oh I dunno 1/2 hour later everybody's gone. And now I can go back to work.
So.....arrgggg....nothing I can do...
Just had to vent.
It happens all the time, just today, I have a place to talk about it! YAY for anonymous blogs!!

No comments:

THEME SONG BITCHEZ