Tuesday, August 28, 2007

...Crack Heads

By: Former Party Girl

I’ll admit it, before I was an SUV driving, soccer mom in training, I was a raving maniac of a Party Girl. I liked to spend all my money on clothes and booze, and had no problem indulging in a little illegal fun now and then. Of course I met the man of my dreams and after we courted and partied it up, we settled down and began the splendid task of having a family and growing up. I can still relate to those who are current party girls, and part of me misses it, but a bigger part is happy and content being exactly who I am today.

So, about 6 years back my step bro’s wife I became pretty close, bff status. We went out to the bars and partied together. We had some pretty crazy times. And I considered her to be a good friend. I will admit that every now and again, we used to partake in a little nose candy. But then she and her hubby moved on from the occasional blow to crystal meth. And they started hiding it from me. I had a hard time being supportive with them because they had 2 kids, then lost their jobs, houses, cars etc. I swear I am not exaggerating. I distanced myself, and in the meantime got married, and got my you-know-what together. She only came to my wedding for about 15 minutes and then left because some one called her out about being a tweeker. About 2 years later my first kid was born and she never even called or saw my kid until the kid was like 1.

Eventually they split up, she lost her mind, he got better and clean. She had the kids and disappeared off the face of the planet, didn’t return calls or letters or emails or anything. She burned all her bridges and moved upstate to get away from all the lawsuits etc that were chasing her around. I tried about 1 time a month for over a year to contact her just to see how the kids were and how things were going. All the while I was hoping that she would have had an epiphany and cleaned up if anything for the sake of her kids. But of course no response. That is until this last November. Suddenly through the wonderful world of the internet, she got a Myspace profile and we started to get in contact, sort of. Eventually she asked for me to help her with some money, which I reluctantly did for the sake of the kids, all the while knowing that she would probably burn me, but whatever.

I even went as far as to practically give her a vehicle as I got a new one at the end of December last year. I am sure that I don’t need to say it, but yes, she still owes for the car. I never fully expected to be paid for it. I knew in letting her take it with 100 down that we probably would be screwed for the balance. And of course, as of now, I have not received the agreed upon (in writing) payment of $100.00 per month since March. Am I mad, even disappointed? Not so much.

What I am totally disgusted with is that I keep getting forwarded emails from her to her dad stating that the car is not running, it’s broken, it needs $3000.00 worth of work, it’s broken down several times, etc. She is the one forwarding them to me. As if to inform me that the car I GAVE her is out of commission. (Please keep in mind that NOTHING she says can be considered truth.) The car is older (1996) but was in great running condition when I GAVE it to her. It even had new tires, fresh oil and had the radiator hose replaced just before they got it. It had also been recently smogged. My question is this, SHOULD I RESPOND TO HER AND TELL HER TO GET OVER IT? I want her to know that her ridiculous emails are just that, and it doesn’t matter to me if the car is running or not, she still has a responsibility to pay, or AT LEAST address why she hasn’t. I don’t need the money from her. I wrote if off in my mind before I ever agreed to sell her the car in the first place. But why in the world does she think that she needs to forward me all the BS issues with the car? I mean, if my car broke down, I would not write the bank and tell them all the problems with it. They’d just repo it anyway. Crack-headenss aside, how do I tell her to come to reality without being totally mean and hardcore? Because really I have so many things that I would love to tell her, but I think it’s better to just let it be. What would YOU do?

5 comments:

Ms. Dirty Laundry said...

I think you should write back, short and sweet, and tell her that considering you never received any payments towards the vehicle, she can pay for the repairs and deduct it from what she owes you for the car. Since you'll never see the money one way or another.

FingRockStar said...

Hey! I agree!
Nothing you say to this girl is going to matter, so tell her how you feel, and leave it at that. Doesn't sound like she's worth your time. A pat on the back for taking care of the kids even when you knew it wasn't really going to be appreciated. Also, tell her to get bent regarding the emails, you did HER a favor. It;s not your problem anymore.
~FingRockStar~

FingRockStar said...

And....
we have a bit in common, it's funny, cause that's how my husband and I met. In fact, we don't count the first year of the relationship because it was so screwed-up. :0) It took allot to get rid of "those" people in our lives.
We are happy now, meth is NOT allowed in our lives, at least I WILL NOT have it in mine. Have been rid of the people, atmosphere, and everything else for almost 10 years now. Maybe I should blog this...:0)

misguidedmommy said...

i agree with ms dirt laundry. y ou can do that or you can just ask her to return the car to you since she never paid for it anyway!

Anonymous said...

Wow... this is INDEED a sticky situation... I think this woman is probably sending her dad those emails to get more money for drugs in the first place, so you definitely are right in not giving her any more cash for ANYTHING. I have dealt with members of my family who have had meth addictions and they are currently living in their car. There is only so much you can do for them before they either figure it out or they don't...

Just tell her there was nothing wrong with the car when you gave it to her, and since you haven't received any payment for the car since March that you don't feel any obligation whatsoever to fix anything on the car.

I think that's fair enough, don't you? She can't really freak out over THAT.

THEME SONG BITCHEZ