Thursday, August 23, 2007

...Birthday Presents and Friends.

By Ms. Dirty Laundry

Call me selfish, call me ridiculous, call me whatever you want but I am pissed off that I didn't receive a birthday present on my last birthday from a friend of mine. A friend that has been a friend for more than 10 years. A friend who I visited and celebrated my birthday with about a week after my actual birthday, at which other people were giving me birthday presents. A friend for which I have ALWAYS gotten a birthday present for.

Is this wrong? Should I not expect a present from a person I have known for more than a decade and with whom we have always exchanged presents? I've tried to be mature and not get all pissy that I haven't gotten anything from her but really, I can't. I'm pissed. Not even a card! Not even a fucking card!

There are some people that I don't expect presents from. Even ones I've bought presents for, but this friend I expected one. And now I don't know what to do on her next birthday...do I get her a present like always or be like "umm, you didn't give me anything so, well, nothing for you bitch!"

And for a friend of mine who I know is reading this, I am not talking about you...I'm talking about someone who I am pretty sure doesn't even know what a blog is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a bummer. yes, a gift would have been the norm especially since you have known eachother for so long, and especially if gift exchanging has been a tradition with you. bummer that she didn't get it.

BOW DOWN said...

haha

Sassy said...

I would be pissed and my feelings would totally be hurt! I think you have every right to feel the way that you do.

Morbid 'Lil Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I had to do that this year with some firneds, just because money was tight. But I did get a card and explained myself. That would have been the right thing to do!

THEME SONG BITCHEZ