Monday, August 27, 2007

...feeling a little low

by Sassy

I don't know what it is, but lately I have felt just very distant from my couple SUPER close friends. It is like we are all just wrapped up in our own lives and seem to be growing apart. And for some reason, I have been really down about this. I feel like there is just something happening and I can't control it and don't know how to change it. I guess it doesn't help that there are much different interests these days. I am not about going out all the time and partying. Don't get me wrong, I love to go to a bar and have a couple drinks and hanging out. But they just seem to be in different places than me. I mean, when they have a BBQ, it is all about everyone just getting entirely shithoused and out of control. If you don't drink, then you are looked down on and told you aren't fun. Don't get me wrong, I love to drink and have fun, but I just seem to be calming down. Also, we all have boyfriends. Well, my friends boyfriends work together and do a lot of stuff outside of work together. They are super close and hang out all the time therefore allowing my friends to always be together. Well, my boyfriend doesn't like that group of guys really. I can understand too. If these guys weren't with my friends, I probably wouldn't chose to hang out with them either. But over the years, I have grown close to them, especially one of them.

So now I find myself if a tough little place. If there are BBQ's, I can go, but I know that I will be a little tense and I know that my guy won't be having any fun at all just because he doesn't mix well with those guys. My friends are dating guys that are super preppy type and on the "metro" side. Definitely like my boyfriend. I guess I just feel that now I am missing out on things. I know I am really not missing out on too much because it isn't that I don't hang out with them or see them or do things with them. There are just more times when I am already doing my own thing. I guess I just need to make more of an effort. I just miss them is all. And now that I am writing this I feel like I am being retarded.

3 comments:

FingRockStar said...

Sas~
Your not retarted, your maturing. Believe me, I know. I've been married now for 7 years...and once was in the same position you are in now. I just wanted to stay home and be mellow(and sober)
Just know that people grow and mature at different stages in their lives. Just be sure to keep in touch with your friends, and they will catch up to you. :0)~
~FingRockStar~

misguidedmommy said...

i totally agree with rockstar. there comes a point where people just grow and mature. sure you will always be in contact with them, but now that you have something stable in your life you dont need them as much to lean on. also i'm sure it doesn't help that you are in the newlywed phase of your relationship so you guys are uber wrapped up in each other....i'm sure they are jealous and frustrated about that you know!

Anonymous said...

me too! i agree! after being married for a short time we discovered we liked being at home more and all that and suddenly, getting wasted and parting all the time seemed kinda lame. we also bought a house, started a business and began "growing up". we also found that we had a lot of friends whose relationships were unhealthy and crazy, and that not only could we not relate, but we couldn't stand to be around such negativity and chaos because it was a total downer. this only gets worse (or better, depending on how you look at it) when you have kids. but in the long run, you will see that your true friends are the ones who will be there as you grow and mature and hopefully will do the same along with you. the true friends that you have will stick. that's for sure. and i am so grateful to have those true friends. and along the way you may meet new friends who you can relate to more.

keep your head up, and be proud that you are who you are.

THEME SONG BITCHEZ