Friday, August 17, 2007

...answering the phone

by Sassy

Or better yet, not answering the phone. How fucking hard is it to answer a phone when that is part of your job??? In our office, we one direct line and if that one is in use, there are two other lines it can roll over too. There is no set person that should answer the phone before anyone else. I guess you can say that it should be the student, but she shouldn't have to answer the phone every time. So you would think that out of respect for everyone, everyone would take turns answering the phone. Well, this happens between the student and I, but Miss Thing in cubby 3 thinks that she is about the phone and shouldn't have to answer it. Maybe she just forgets it is part of her job duty. Whatever the reason be, she doesn't answer the phone. It is so bad, that when she does HAVE TO because the student and I are busy and can't get to it, she answers the phone all bitchy like and is rude to people. It is as though she is put out just by doing her job. Seriously!?!? You are no better than the other two people that you work with. You are just as capable of answering the phone as any one else and it isn't going to fucking kill you to do so. HA! And this is just an every day deal while she is just sitting at her desk, doing who knows what because it sure as shit isn't work!!!, and can easily reach the 6 inches from her keyboard to pick it up. Uuggghhhh she pisses me off.

There are other phone instances that piss me off on a regular basis. I have to laugh because one even happened today. We all have a personal line and we are allowed to talk on our cell phones...to a certain extent. Well to Miss Thing, she thinks that she is allowed to talk on personal phone calls all damn day. I am not just talking a call here or a call there that last about five minutes. I am talking like three calls in an hour all lasting over ten minutes. Or it could just be one call in an hour that lasts anywhere from ten minutes to almost a damn hour. Mind you, when you are on the phone, the other lines are still ringing!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means that there may be times you have to put who you are talking to on hold to answer the phone for you job. I can honestly say that almost every time I am on the phone on a personal call, I have to put my person on hold to grab the phone. That is just the nature of the job, it is how it works. Oh, but let me tell you. That is not how it works for Miss Thing. She will let the work line ring and ring and ring. An indicator that the other two people in the office are busy and can't pick up the line is if the phone rings TWICE! We answer the phone on the first ring always. Miss Thing refuses to put her call on hold though. Let's just say for example that both her and I are on the phone at the same time, both personal calls and the phone rings. IT IS NEVER HER THAT PUTS HER CALL ON HOLD TO GET THE PHONE!!!! It is so bad that I usually have to get off my phone call, no matter how important or unimportant, because I hate having to keep putting people on hold. It drives me nuts. I don't like when people do it to me, so I feel bad doing it to other people.

What I don't understand is if she just doesn't realize what she is doing? I really don't know how it is possible. Even though you are on the phone, you still hear the other line ringing, you hear your co-worker putting their person on hold, you hear your co-worker get frustrated and tell their person they will have to call them later. You can't be so retarded to not comprehend what the hell is going on.

This is something that happens ALL THE TIME. All the time as in, not just once a month, not once a week. It is almost a daily thing. And sometimes multiple times a day. It is so aggravating to hear her cell phone ring a million times a day. And if her boyfriend can't get ahold of her on her cell, he instantly hangs up and calls her office phone. Drives me up the flippin wall.

I just hope that I don't do any of these little things because if so, I need my fucking ass kicked.

1 comment:

Gossip Girl 007 said...

I had a similar situation at my old job, I was a supervisor so I put up a phone schedule - 9a-12N, 12-3P, 3-5p with each group of hours set to one person being the primary person to answer the main line and then rotated the hours among the team. It was pain to do but the main line got answered mopre often by the slackers.

THEME SONG BITCHEZ