Tuesday, August 28, 2007

...Rude Ass People

by Star Gazer

So this is my first post. I was very excited to have a place to vent. However, I am having a hard time trying to decide where to start. I have so much to get off my chest lol. Anyway, before I ramble to much and bore everyone, I will start with work!!

A brief history. At the beginning of the year, my job was great. I had great co-workers, OK bosses (which we all know is as good as it may get sometimes) and I really did like my job. Then in April they let my co-worker (office mate) go, and shit all went down hill from there. One of the supervisors took another job and they replaced him with the stupidest person alive. Then the other supervisor had a family issue that caused her to quit and move away. Then, yes there is more, our director quit, and hired a very nice man, however, not very good at the directing part of his job. So now I have dumb and dumber in charge, and we hire an older Hispanic women to be my office mate. It all sounded good at first, then I realize she, lets call her Rude Ass, is not the women we all thought her to be.

She started the week I went on vacation, I had really had like 2 days to train her. She seemed to catch on pretty fast, so that was good. I was gone for a week, came back, and started trying to make her feel welcome. I'm a nice person, almost to a fault. I tend to ignore certain situations just to keep the peace, especially when I'm in the crossfire. Anyway, things seemed OK, until it came time to settle into the office. She decided to move my plants, and take my plant stand to put her coffee pot on. She decided our windowless office was better with the lights off. She decided loud Hispanic music was acceptable for everyone to listen to. She decided to take all the information I have given her about our co-workers and put her own spin to make me look like a gossip. She also decided that when her plants needed sun, she would bring in the ugliest table and put it in our co-workers windowed office without asking if it was OK.

She has no respect for the fact that other people are trying to go about there day, and that we don't need her making decisions for us. Rude Ass also decided to eat a bag of chips that belonged to someone else when she got hungry, and then told the owner that she had lots of snacks in her desk as a trade....after the fact. She will ask me if I want something from fast food, thinking she was being nice, and decline (weight...another issue, another post lol), then she will return with treats for everyone in the office except me, because I said no.

She recently made friends with another annoying co-worker, and they are two peas in a pod. They decided I was the biggest gossip in the office and then proceeded to gossip about me gossiping (wait...huh??). One day, they decided to go to lunch at 11:30, another sore subject, I went from 12-1, when she started, she took the 12-1 without even discussing it with me. I decided I liked 1-2 because I got back later, and had less work in the afternoon. However, all my friends have the 12-1 lunch, so I cannot join them for lunch anymore. Anyway, she left at 11:30 with her new best friend. At 12:30 I noticed they weren't back, but shrugged it off, I didn't go until 1, so what do I care. At 1, I started to wonder why I hadn't heard from them. I'm fairly easygoing, I don't really care if you're going to be late from lunch, but a courtesy call is all I ask for. Not to much to ask right? the day before I had a doctors appointment at 11:30, and took that as my lunch. At 12:30 I called because I was running late. I told her I would be back in half an hour. She said thanks for the call!! Amazing how that works sometimes. It's called respect!! Anyway, at 1:30 I finally had enough, I went to my boss, and told him (half asking advice, half hoping to get them in trouble, hehe) they had left for lunch at 11:30 and 2 HOURS later, they were not back, what should I do about my lunch?? He informs me to go ahead and leave, and he will call them. When he gets a hold of Rude Ass, she tells him she had to go across town for a personal errand, and swears she informed me. I had in fact told him I did not know of any such plans, and it was a lie because I had heard her and Miss Annoying making plans for lunch. About this time they are both in the building. She shows up and says she must have lost track of time. When asked if it were to happen again to call me to inform me, she stated, she was not aware it had been 2 hours.

Later that day I found out the Miss Annoying had received a call as well, and she went off on our boss, telling him she didn't get a lunch yesterday, and if she wants to flex out her hours, she should be allowed to. He agreed, but asked that in the future, they inform someone of such plans. Miss Annoying preceded to gossip even more about me, and how she knew I "told on them" and I'd better watch my back. Are you kidding me?? As of Oct. I will be the only person there who has been there over 3 years!! I'm loved by everyone but them. I have been informed by the boss, that will not happen, ever! I laughed at their threats.

Anyway, this is the shit I deal with day in, day out. I show up, do my job, and deal with Rude Ass's snide comments about my work ethic, as she plays solitaire on the computer, and hides work in her desk. Today she was confronted by a co-worker who asked her to help her file a week ago, stating they had to be in the file for an audit that week. Come to find out, Rude Ass never filed them and the audit took place, with the all the up to date files sitting in her desk. Needless to say, my co-worker was pissed, and made it clear that she was not happy.

Now, you may ask, why has she never been talked to about this attitude she seems to have? I am asking the same question everyday, and hoping the with a new supervisor who started Monday, this question will have an answer!! Stay tuned!!

4 comments:

Gossip Girl 007 said...

I can't believe someone can walk into a job and mess things us sooo much!!! I hope the new supervisor get a load of her game right away. Hang in there!!

FingRockStar said...

Welcome Star Gazer!
There's people like her in every work place, she seems a little worse though. I would NEVER EVER consider moving somebody's area and/or office around without their permission, NEVER!
I can't even begin to imagine how she thought that was okay. If I were you (and please know that I can be a HUGE bitch and rather tactless, but work really really hard not to be :0)~)I would put ALL my plants and what-nots BACK where they were before you went on vacation. But that's just me. *Sigh* Oh Yeah! I'd take my fucking plant stand back TOO! "It's mine bitch!"

Star Gazer said...

Thanks for the comments. It makes me feel better that I'm not over reacting. I have done a lot of thing to show and tell her I dont like the way she act. However, she keeps doing them. So I just gave up and have turned to the new Sup for help. She says it's on the way!!

FingRockStar said...

Sweet, keep us posted!

THEME SONG BITCHEZ