Wednesday, August 22, 2007

...the "meeting"

by Sassy

I feel...I have no idea. I was so nervous going into this damn meeting and then I was excited thinking that everything was going to be taken care of and aired. But I walked out of there not feeling all that great. Maybe it is because I am a nice person and I hate when other people's feelings are hurt and knowing that I am partially to blame for it. I don't know. I mean, I feel good because I said what I needed to, but I feel bad because Miss Thing is all upset.

We went in there and the entire thing seemed to just stem from today's incident. I finally broke in and let Miss Thing know that today was just the icing on the cake and that there are numerous things that have been going on that haven't been brought up and made today really piss me off. (Our boss told her I flat ass said no that one of us wouldn't come back over to the office.) Anyhow, I let her know that I feel that she is just jealous that the student and I are friends and get along since they don't and that was the reason she made a big deal out of today. And then I continued to bring up the work issue and how I feel like she pushes stuff on me and so on. It was like she wasn't getting it. She kept telling our boss that she does her share of the work.

At this point is when I realized she started being very defensive and started getting emotional. She says that she feels like she gets the cold shoulder and is treated disrespectfully and so on. I let her know that I don't give her the cold shoulder. Believe it or not, I actually like this girl like I said in my first post about her. I just have a hard time with her work ethic. She sat there and said that I get all quiet and withdrawn and so on. Yes, I am going to be quiet when things are bothering me. I just can't be my chipper little self when I am trying to hold off from screaming nasty things. Call me crazy.... Anyhow, she tried turning it all on our student and how she is rude to her and she has no reason and blah, blah, blah. Well their issues go back over a year and it has nothing to do with me. Me being friends with the both of them just kind of puts me in the middle.

The student and her proceed to get into it and I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I used to be in a student like position before and in that kind of a position you get the shit work and people treat you like you are worthless and so below them. I felt myself instinctively defending our student and let Miss Thing know that she doesn't always treat her well and is back and forth with her and its not right. We came to the conclusion that they will never have a relationship other than at work. They won't be speaking to each other unless it has to do with work. Oh and I have to give our student credit because she brought up the hour and a half lunch and taking a company car for it and her coming to work on time and leaving work was brought up by our boss. Oh and I also brought up the secrets needed to stop because it is unfair and leaves everyone around feeling like they are being talked about. No one wants to work in a place like that.

I think that a lot was put on the table, but I just don't know what was really resolved. I mean, I feel good because I told her things that bothered me, but then I held some stuff back because she was getting so sad and upset that I felt like a bad person for continuing. It is just so crazy. So the conclusion in this: The student made herself clear on not liking Miss Thing and never being able to like her in the future, I said what made me mad, and NO ONE got in trouble.

2 comments:

Snow Bunny said...

Ugh that is so anti-climactic! But lets hope that Ms. Thing tries to at LEAST do her freaking job from now on without being such a bitchy little whiney baby!!

Gossip Girl 007 said...

I'm glad you got stuff off your chest and if it makes her a better worker then that's half the battle.

THEME SONG BITCHEZ