Friday, August 17, 2007

...getting to work on time

by Sassy

I hate being late, to anything. I hate being late for dinner parties, lunch with friends, and especially work. It drives me absolutely bananas! I hate being late so much that when I was in college, I would not walk into class if I was more than a couple minutes late. I just couldn't do it. I didn't like disrupting a room full of people and I certainly didn't like when every damn person stared at you until you sat down. Oh, so annoying just thinking about it. I pride myself at being to work on time. In fact, I am usually at work at least five minutes early and usually it is more than that. I just think it shows something about a persons character to be punctual.

My office mate just doesn't function like I do. Nope. She is late...CONSTANTLY. It drives me fucking nuts. How is it that you are always late? How do you never get here on time? I just don't get it. If it isn't five minutes, it is a half hour to an hour and a half. It just sucks for me because the morning are usually one of the busiest times. Not to mention we are on a sort of flex schedule. So one of us is always here an hour before the other and then the other stays an hour later than the early person. One of our head bosses was completely against this thinking that we should both work the same schedule. But we fought it because getting off work an hour earlier than normal allows you to do so many things that you can't do or is hard to get down when you get off work on the later shift. The promise to our higher up was that we would for sure be here and work our shifts and so on. Well, I have been the only one to hold up the end of the bargain. You see, if she doesn't come in and is the late shift person, that means that either I or my boss have to stay the extra hour to cover her shift. Its super fucked up to do to your co-workers or boss for that matter.

This week alone, she has been to work ONE TIME on time. That's right, out of five days, she made it here one day on time...give or take a minute or two. Monday she was a twenty minutes late, Tuesday she was a hour and a half hour late, Wednesday she was about fifteen minutes late, on time Thursday and today was thirty five minutes late! I am hoping that if she keeps this up I will be able to be the early person indefinitely and be able to get off work early all the time. Oh how I would love that. Oh this is a good part. She was late on Monday and told our boss that she was going to stay late to make up her time. HA!!!!!!!!!! What a joke that is. She didn't stay late. In fact, she fucking left early by almost ten minutes. The reason...she didn't know that I knew she was late. Also, our boss had left early for the day. So she was being sneaky and thought that she would get away with it. That it wouldn't be noticed the shit she was pulling. The funny thing is, everyone in the office was fully aware that she was supposed to stay late, so her early disappearance didn't go unnoticed. And you can bet your ass our boss asked if she stayed late. What are you supposed to do? Lie?

It is fitting that she left work today at 12:45pm also. She didn't bother telling me that she was leaving work early. I am after all the late person, so I would be here anyway, but to just not tell me that she was leaving and I would be the one to solely do all the work is bullshit. I don't even think that she got a fucking thing done today. So in late and out half day. Beautiful.

I guess she makes me look good and that is what I should be focusing on. She keeps pulling shit like this and it is stuff that I don't do, so I look like a damn angel. It is blatantly said to her that I can run this office on my own and that our boss doesn't like leaving her alone because she can't get shit done. I just don't understand how nothing is done about it. I don't get how she doesn't get reprimanded. Is it because she is so open about her personal life and everyone feels bad for her? Is it because she kisses ass? Whatever it is, it is really damn annoying.

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

lets crazy glue her to her chair

Ginger said...

Umm, why does she still have a job? I'm sorry but if someone that worked for me was constantly 15 mins. to 1 1/2 hours late, they wouldn't still work for me. I mean, I will fully admit that I am late sometimes (for work, personlly is a completely different subject here) but it is like 5 minutes late, and I almost always work at least 5 hours of overtime a week. Kind of makes up for getting it at 9:05 instead of 9. And my boss is ok with this, we have had many discussions, because she is the same way as me.

Gossip Girl 007 said...

I blame the boss her still having the job! If I were the boss 3 times being late would get her written up. If it happened again - write her up a third time she'd gone!

THEME SONG BITCHEZ