Saturday, September 1, 2007

...MySpace


by Former Party Girl

so, it's been brought up on here that MySpace is the kind of place that can turn "normal" people into stalking psychos who over analyze the changing of profiles and "top friends." i once was asked by someone if the reason why they were no longer a "top friend" was over a disagreement that we had had. (it wasn't in case you were wondering.) i laugh. i laugh because this person is 38 years old and seriously probably shouldn't even be allowed to have a profile in the first place. but that's not my point....

i've spent a fair amount of time on what i lovingly refer to as CrackSpace. we call it that because you can easily spend too much time on the site, as if though you were cracked out. i've gotten in touch with some long lost friends, a few former liked and disliked classmates. haven't found too many ex-boyfriends, not only because i just haven't taken the time to look, but i assume most of them are too drunk at the bar, in jail, or just too busy being losers to even have a computer let alone the internet. so while i think that MySpace is cool, I also think it's kind of lame because the same people who are filled with drama in their "real life", will make drama on CrackSpace.

for example: i know of someone who caught her husband cheating on her via MS, someone who found out that her ex was getting married on MS and started vicious rumors, and someone who is so obsessed with "top friends" that she randomly checks to see where she ranks. i also know people who stalk other peoples accounts. while i think all of this is a ridiculously immature way to interact, i can't help but feel a little sense of satisfaction when i see, a girl that was mean to me in high school is unmarried has three 3kids form 3 different dads and has "more to love". the guy who put my heart in a blender drank it like a protien shake, is here for "dating and serious relationships", and that the loser that asks why they aren't on my top friends is "online" constantly, all day, all night everyday.

don't ask me why, but when i am feeling a little down, or blue, i just log on and take a peek. and suddenly, i feel like the most normal, well adjusted, successful person.

add me! (just kidding)

5 comments:

Gossip monster! said...

Sounds simular to facebook that I go on, nearly everone I knows on there. I catch out my guys at work when they rung in sick then fb says they are hungover! Also I take great pleasure in a bloke I used to be in love with profile as he's mega fat and lonely, and previuosly in his younger days he was superb and he stamped on my heart! And I secretly think you'd never pull me now, if we'd only just met

BOW DOWN said...

Man no fair. Everyone I went to school with seems to have gotten skinnier, happier and healthier. Dang. And NONE of the guys got fat! They all got hotter and more single and tempting. Dangit I need to find just one person who got fatter them me! However, not many of em are married with the delicious children I have!

Anonymous said...

i found an ex on there approaching 35 still being a loser and loving it. thank goodness that didn't work out.

FingRockStar said...

Lucky for me, I haven't found any ex's...or been found, that I know of. Much like you, mine are also loosers, that quite frankly would shock me if they had a computer! I am however guilty, and use myspace to market a local band I promote. I have my own space just cause it looked like fun in the begining, now it's a joke, I agree. I login, check to see what looser wants to be "my friend" now, DENY them, log out, and call it a day. HAHA

Anonymous said...

Hmm...all this myspace talk makes me I wish I could "unfriend" Miss Life Sucks but if I do that I will look childish.

That sight is like CRACK! I founf 2 ex-boyfriends on it and a few people from grammar school. It' so nuts

THEME SONG BITCHEZ