Friday, September 14, 2007

....Staying to long

Posted by: Bow Down

I'll never quite understand why people stay in bad relationships. Even more why people with kids stay. I just had a friend of mine tell me that for the past few years her husband has been physically abusing her but she waited three years and two kids to leave. I don't understand the logic. Why why why do people stay? Is it really that hard to leave? Personally I know if my husband ever laid a single solitary hand on me he would be gone faster then fast. He would not see my child again till compeleting counseling and there would never ever be an option for reconciliation. Just in case I would be tempted to stay I would blab about what he did to everyone I knew to make sure they mae me leave. So tell me, why do people stay in these kinds of environments. And is getting hit just once okay or how many times do you have to be hit before you leave?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ummm... Ugh I would hope that I would never marry a hitter in the first place, but if he turned out to be a hitter I would leave him. It would honestly probably take him hitting me more than once. If he hit me once I would be EXTREMELY WARY OF HIM and definitely NEVER FORGIVE HIM... but if it never happened again, then it never happened again. However- if it happened TWICE- I would be SO OUT OF THERE! Your friend needs to get the fuck out! Her safety and her children's happiness, health and safety are at serious risk! WTF! Tell her to LEEEEEEEAVE!

Anonymous said...

i feel bad even saying this because i love this friend of mine but her decisions have made it hard to be good friends.

i have a very good pal who has a total loser as a b/f. for the first year of their relationship he had no job or money, and was secretly still married. then he up and took off for 3 months. then he reappeared. things were "better" she'd say. and he moved back in. but all the while they would fight and once he put his hands around her throat. he kept getting DUI's as well. meantime, they made and investment (using equity from the house she owns). come to find out he had been stealing and forging checks to buy things for the investment that she had originally said no to. but she still took him back. and he is still married.

my friend is always searching for the answers to her stress and problems. but she never sees him as the source of her misery.

not to toot my own horn but i hated the guy from the beginning and tried to warn her. and she almost listened. but she never did anything. now she thinks she needs to move out of state with him and it will solve the problems.

it's been really hard to be supportive to her when i know that the real reason for her misery is self inflicted.

i still love her, but wish that she would love herself enough to get rid of him!

and as for me personally, i would never stick around in any form of abusive relationship whether physical, verbal or mental. and i pity the fool that would even try that with me.

THEME SONG BITCHEZ