Sunday, September 2, 2007

...A Reply from Difficult Friend

Posted by: Gossip Girl 007

A day after I sent my response to Miss Life Sucks I received the reply below. To my AMAZEMENT it looks like she took the high road...at first glance anyway. I read it a few times and she doesn't own up to her needy behavior (which I didn't expect anyway) and she throws it back at me like my response was due to me going through a difficult time instead of real issues I have with the friendship. How rich of her! It makes me laugh.

Thanks for writing back. Wow, I do have to say that I am very surprised to see your reaction. I really don't want to go back and forth on what I agree and disagree with since you're going through some difficult times. You should focus on that right now. Perhaps my email came at an inopportune time, but I had no way of knowing that since the last tine we communicated was in February. Eventhough I don't know what's happened, I'm positive that everything will work itself out for you. Just try to maintain faith in God that it will.The purpose of my email to you was not to lay blame or put pressure or upset you. However, from the tone of your email it sounds like it did. I'm a firm believer that people should be honest with one another. I wanted to let you know how I was feeling and why and was hoping to hear about your thoughts and feelings. I'm glad you responded and appreciate your honesty. I do hope you get through this difficult time. Regardless of how angry you're feeling towards me right now, if you need anything or there's something I can do, don't hesitate to let me know.Take Care, Miss Life Sucks

The response is still about what she needed and her feelings. I can't work on this friendship because I see it as me feeding into her neediness and then I am back where I was. As far as I am concerned this friendship is done and my not responding to her should make that clear. I feel at peace with my decision since I got to be honest and say what was bothering me and why I retreated from this friendship. I gave her a chance to own up for some of her behavior and I was thinking she might. I guess that’s because I am the type of person that does not have a problem saying when I am wrong. In this case I feel I was right and I need to surround myself with friendship that enrich my life not bring me down.

Thank you all for you comments and advice!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, her name should be "ms. takes no responsibility."

i think it's time for you to move on. she's never gonna get it.

FingRockStar said...

I can't believe that is what she read from your letter. Talk about Ms. NEVER gonna own up to anything.
Time to move on, up and forward.

Anonymous said...

I AGREE 100%! I am done!

I'm glad you guys see it too. I thought I was just being picky.

Anonymous said...

Wow... she really did turn it all around so that everything was all on YOU and your "hard time" and not the fact that she was a blah friend... Oh well- glad that's taken care of! What can we help you fix now?! : )

Sassy said...

I am glad that you sent the email that you did and I hope that with her response, you are able to move on and not think twice about it. You did what you could and were honest and really don't need anyone in your life like that.

THEME SONG BITCHEZ